• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Comments (Continued)

BaNaNaShotzzz 1 point 16 months ago

Do you think it's worth putting more money into a gpu from a 1050 ti into a 1060 3gb for games like Battlefield 1? Also do you think the 1 gb downgrade from the 1050 ti to the 1060 3gb will affect gaming performance now and in the future, especially because games may become more intense.

thejesterguy 1 point 16 months ago

I'm not tech savvy, but if you aren't on a budget and wanna play mostly recent AAA games you can go for the GTX 1060 3GB since it has much better advantages than the GTX 1050 Ti.

But if you're an "indie darling" (you only play indie games and nothing else) and/or only play AAA games every once in a while I'd recommend sticking with the GTX 1050 Ti card.

Here's some comparisons I found between these two: UserBenchmark Versus.com *Game-Debate

There's also this Tom's Hardware question - 1060 3gb vs 1050ti 4gb Price/Performance

And this question from Quora - Which one is better, NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI 4GB or NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB?

You'll also need a good CPU to deal with this card to avoid bottlenecking. IMO the "Ryzen 5" line and above or "Core i7" line and above would work well with this card. This also goes for the motherboard and memory.

Thanks for the reply! I am thinking about a 1060 6gb instead and may wait a few months to see the prices of the RX 580 as prices may change. This may be paired with a Ryzen 1400.

No problem. ;)

I hope you get what you want despite all the "Bitcoin mining" craze going on.

If you're buying graphics cards, I'd suggest going with the cheapest brand since it's not worth paying more for an expensive brand just to have an advantage of less than 10 FPS over the former.

As for fan numbers, it's really up to your tastes: two fans will provide better cooling and overclocking while one fan will fit in any case you wanna buy and will require less watts, and hence, a cheaper PSU.

Which GTX 1060 Should you Buy? - 2017 Edition

RX 580 - Which Should You Buy? - 5 Card Comparison

And one more comparison -GTX 1060 vs RX 580 - New Games

Oh ok, i'll check those out.

You're welcome, and Merry Christmas! ;)