add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RGB strips in to AS Rock motherboard

JonInWherever
  • 33 months ago

I own a ASRock B250 Fatal1ty Gaming motherboard, and decided to get some LED strips to brighten up the case. I settled on a set of Phanteks LEDs, and bought a pair of 400mm strips in their combo kit. However, now that it's arrived, it's a HUGE pain to fit the LEDs on the RGB header. The strips have some sort of locking mechanism on their female connector, and the pins on the motherboard are, well, just that. A set of pins sticking out. Needless to say, the strips (and the cables) don't stay attached to the motherboard.

Is this going to be a problem I'm going to face with most/all other 5050 LED strips? Should I just use a dab of glue to fix the cable in place, and just deal with it? If not, are there any kits that would fit on the pins tightly? Alternatively, seeing as I'm planning on just using a fixed colour (red), should I just grab a set of LEDs that run direct from the PSU via molex?

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

uhh... i never used the motherboard nor the led strips but this is not typical for led strips that ive seen :D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube