• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Tj7478 27 days ago

so i have recently got a pc and its pretty decent it can handle games like gta v and stuff but when i loaded up r6 on low i only get 30-40 fps and r6 is a very fps needy game and i dont know what needs the upgrade can you help?

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i7-4790, 4000 MHz (40 x 100) Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2V 16gb Ram not sure name but works good on most games Generic PnP Monitor [NoDB] not widescreen Video Adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (1 GB) Windows 10 Home Edition (NOT PIRATED)

Comments Sorted by:

Ice44 1 Build 4 points 27 days ago

you need a real gpu...

Entrainers 3 points 27 days ago

You need an actual graphics card from nVidia or AMD

Shakaron 4 Builds 1 point 26 days ago

Yes, it would give you better graphics.

However, it has only 3 GB of VRAM, which means, if your GPU would use more than 3 GB of memory, then things will get super slow (as the content would not fit the VRAM and the graphics card needs to unload and load content all the time to make room for other things and load the missing content).

I've got a GTX 970 and it is limited to 3.5 GB and I had to turn down some settings to stay below that.

So I'd suggest getting the 6 GB version instead.

hyperxram 1 point 24 days ago

My GTX 1060 3GB maxes out Rainbow Six Sieges graphic settings in 1080p. A smooth 60 FPS. I never encounter things getting super slow in ANY game I play and I play just about every game that exists. I've mastered the art of graphic optimization.

Shakaron 4 Builds 1 point 24 days ago

I played R6: Siege about a year ago last time. I remember the settings suggested that my graphics card would need more than 4 GB VRAM, so I turned things down a bit (still things remained mostly in high/ultra).

I can't speak of how R6: Siege does recently, as I haven't played it for a year. :(

I never encounter things getting super slow in ANY game I play and I play just about every game that exists.

Try Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 on max settings. Of course, the more car you have in your parking lot, the slower things get, so starting it for the first time maybe not stressful enough. But with everything on max, my VRAM usage is maxed out on 4 GB (although my GTX 970 card really can handle 3.5 GB, as the last 0.5 GB is much slower) and man, things are sluggish. So turning down settings is recommended.

So I'd say, the jump from 3 GB to 6 GB would be worth if one prefers high detail textures and clear rendering. Not all game would need it, but some actually does.

But for a budget build, turning down graphics and saving money on the GPU is always an option.

Da_Stormgit 1 point 21 days ago

Hey mate I have the same you for rainbow six can I ask which antialiasing you use is it tastes or off

hyperxram 1 point 21 days ago

I use both MSAA 4X and TXAA 4X. I still have yet to see a difference between the two. They both look great. Make sure your textures are on HIGH as that's the setting for a 3GB GPU(which you can read right there in the settings). Very high textures requires a 4GB GPU and Ultra requires I think a 6GB GPU.

I play with vsync ON so keep that in mind. It stays at 60 FPS the majority of the time you are indoors. When you're outdoors, it drops to 48-53 FPS and holds steady there until you go back indoors. And btw, this FPS drop shows absolutely no stuttering or lag at all because I have 16GB of ram total. Butter smooth game-play the entire time you're playing.

A lot of people like to game with vsync off but it runs up my GPU power and usage when I turn it off. Plus you experience a lot of screen tearing with vsync off in most games. Which is why I pretty much always have vsync on.

Entrainers 1 point 26 days ago

It would make a massive difference. The 3gb VRAM isn't as much of an issue as it is made out to be. If you want to be on the safe side and want slightly higher performance, something like an RX 580 would do

The 3gb VRAM isn't as much of an issue as it is made out to be.

A 1060 3GB SHREDS 1080p gaming.

Entrainers 1 point 24 days ago

Not quite shreds, things like AA need to be turned down, but for the price its amazing

It shreds like butter in high settings in the majority of games. AA may need turning down but MSAA 2x and 4x look great in my opinion. I like to turn down other things to free up my vram. Hairworks, shadows and grass quality on medium. Depends on the game though.

I have noticed that the newer the title gets, the more graphic settings I have to turn down. And entering 2018, these in-game settings I have to turn down are beginning to be texture settings. Which I never had to even mess with in games released before say 2016. Even still, once you master this graphic setting process, it's fun as hell to play the game when you optimize it correctly. It makes how the game looks your own creation. It's beautiful. An art form of such.

Just being able to run games at 60 FPS in 1080p works for me. As long as I'm not on low settings, I'm set.

IndividualSOULS 1 point 14 days ago

Yes; but I’d recommend the 6gb model.

HarvesterofSorrow 2 Builds 1 point 24 days ago

Buy a GTX 1050

Tj7478 submitter 1 point 22 days ago

Been reading all the comments i am looking for a budget second hand gpu now since my mum hasn't got enough for a £200 gpu also with my dad having a medical emergency i cant afford anything big and was wondering will a nvidia gtx 750 be any good or should i just wait and not play r6 right now? also thanks for all the suggestions

Eltech 17 Builds 1 point 21 days ago

For Rainbow Six Siege paired with the GTX 750, you should be satisfied with Medium graphics. I too have tested this already with my grandma's PC for Rainbow Six Siege and it works good enough. If you can find a great deal for a used GTX 750. Make sure it's not beyond £100 as it's not worth that much as used, something close to £50 is OK.

Another option is you could buy a GT 1030 which is about similar to the GTX 750 (but a GT 1030 only has two video output ports so make sure you check which port you need ahead of time. Make sure you know if you use a Displayport, DVI-D (or DVI-I which is 24-pins versus 20-pins; however, not common to use), HDMI, or a VGA). The GTX 750 will have three video output ports though so make sure it has the correct video port for your monitor or TV.