• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

gamepupsdad 26 days ago

Last year I built my son a quality gaming pc (with help from this site:), and of course I made sure everything was "VR ready" and quite capable. I realized then, that VR hardware/software was still too limited and expensive to be cost effective for me, but was hoping that would change by this holiday season. Where is VR for pc's now? It appears it hasn't progressed much in a year? Thanks

Comments Sorted by:

Entrainers 2 points 26 days ago

In the past year, Samsung launched the HMD Odyssey, headsets became several hundred dollars cheaper. For example, you can buy a Oculus Rift with the fancy Touch controllers for $399, down from $699 not long ago

MarkoPT 1 Build 1 point 19 days ago

It's not worth it at the moment in my opinion. You see every pixel when looking far away (think of being up close to a TV) that sometimes makes it hard to aim when playing shooters. Don't get me wrong, it is fun, but only for the first few days or weeks. I'm planning on selling my Oculus Rift because I don't use at all lately. Also if you suffer from motion sickness this will hit you hard. It has come a long way as far as content, there are plenty of games to chose from, but it's still not at the point where the device itself is worth the price, even with the price drops.