• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Xorex64 26 days ago

Long story short the ISP technician said to my family that 'our routers are trash, buy your own' so thats what we're looking to do. I need something good that can get us a fast and stable WIFI connection. It needs to be 50 CAD or less and available on Amazon.ca or confirmed in-stock in BestBuy/Future Shop (do those still exist?)/Canadian Tire. Budget is not flexible and i'm located in the Toronto/GTA. Must be new, cannot be used or refurbished and cannot be from D-Link either because my parents avoid them like the plague now and there's no convincing them otherwise. Any help is appreciated.

Comments Sorted by:

talby 10 Builds 1 point 26 days ago

The TP-Link C50 may work out nicely

Warlock 1 point 26 days ago

... new good router under 50 CAD

None.

jaboii 1 point 25 days ago

If you are really talking about routers (and not WAPs or other stuff), and have an old desktop lying around, you could consider using it as one. I do not know much about this, but I know my dad has succeeded doing it. Heres a link: https://www.networkworld.com/article/2862087/lan-wan/how-to-turn-an-old-pc-into-a-router.html

MannyPCs 1 point 24 days ago

Maybe this

Also

Future Shop

It's gone.

As of Wikipedia

on March 28, 2015, Best Buy announced the dissolution of the Future Shop brand and the closure of 66 of its locations.[1] The remaining stores were converted to the Best Buy branding and format.