add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Determining PSU Wattage without Labels

amorphous505
  • 28 months ago

Hi all,

Recently acquired a semi build pc. I know that it is the Gold Series Seasonic. Just don't know the wattage. I looked all around but there's no labels(the previous owner removed all of them). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points

There isn't any way to test that without very expensive equipment. Can you take pictures of it? So we can at least determine what series it is and what the lowest possible wattage is.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, make some photos of the PSU and also count all the cables.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all your help. I've determined that this is the 650W PSU. After a bit of research the model is the Seasonic SS-650KM3. Looks exactly like the one I got. They did not make a 550W in that series. The 750W (Seasonic SS-750KM3) fan housing is different than the 650W.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds like pretty decent deductive reasoning.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube