add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power button wire colors

Xeenix
  • 27 months ago

Dear all,

When I disconnected the power button wire from the motherboard (H81m-p33) it became loose, so isk what color goes to what connector. The wires are in pairs. Blue and Black, White and Green, White and Red, Orange and Red. Would someone please assist me with how the wires should be connected.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Pictures? I don’t know what power supply it is either.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Please let me know if I'm understanding you correctly.

The case's wires from the case power button/LED light going to the mobo came out of the little paired plug that keeps the pairs together? Or its still in the little connectors but you don't know which place to plug it back into the mobo?

It sounds like its really a case/mobo question and not anything to do with the powersupply.

If thats whats going on, then we'll need to know what case you have.

and pics would for sure help clarify things a lot. :)

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

I think you'd need to include pictures to show what you mean. You mention lots of wires but the ATX power button only has two. As for colours I don't think they're standardised (most of my recent systems have all black wires) but this Google Image Search might help..

The power button (meaning the momentary switch on the front of your case) doesn't have a polarity. Pressing the button temporarily allows current to run between the two pins on the motherboard, which indicates the button has been pressed.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube