add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Coolermaster V750

dxa1998
  • 27 months ago

Hello everyone.

Please could anyone help with an issue I'm having with a new build.

Gigabyte X399 motherboard and a V750 power supply. I cannot for the life of me find which cable I'm supposed to use for the 8pin socket on the motherboard for the CPU. The end that plugs into the power supply appears to be the same connection that the motherboard wants (4x2) but I do not have an appropriate cable. The 2x2 together do not fit and the motherboard / processor combo needs both the 4pin and 8pin power supply connected.

Can anyone please advise?

Comments

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Erico411. I'm aware of the configuration but the square and round pins don't match up with the motherboard. The round ones will go in the square holes but will this kill the motherboard?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube