• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Robcia1220 5 days ago

I just put together my fist build. When I first powered it on and pressed the proper keys to get to my bios, I would be waiting about 10 minutes before I would get to the bios. First thing I noticed when I got to my BIOS was the temperature for my CPU is -119 degrees Celsius so my motherboard isn’t monitoring the temp properly. Knowing that my cpu is ok I tried to install windows after waiting about a half hour came up with PNG watchdog error with known good thumbdrive with windows 10. I tried updating my BIOS and clearing the cmos but still have the same issue. According to ASUS my RAM isn’t compatible with my motherboard, contacted PC Part Picker which stated that my memory is intact compatible. At this point I’m drawing a blank on how I can get my build to work, suggestions would be helpful.

CPU: Ryzen 7, 1700 with stick cooling fan. GPU: Asus STRIX B350-F Gaming. Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 16GB (x2 8GB) 3200. Memory model number: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR. PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 650 Gold. Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD.

Thank you

Comments Sorted by:

DaMysteryMan 1 Build 1 point 5 days ago

RAM is compatible, however ASUS in the end decides if they would like to support and confirm the max speeds supported by that RAM kit. I would try it running only the GPU, motherboard, CPU/cooler, and one stick of RAM and see if that works. If not try swapping it for the other one. Also try running memtest86 on the RAM

Robcia1220 submitter 1 point 5 days ago

Turns out the ssd that bought from someone was causing the issue. I disconnected all storage and was able to get to bios right away and install windows. I would really like to use this ssd. Do I h e to configure it in some way to make it usable for my OS? I’m just left with the issue that my bios and/or my MB won’t properly read my CPU temp it just says -119 Celsius. My pc has little to no heat to the touch in the areas near the cpu and it’s certainly not that cold in my environment. Any tips for this issue in particular! Thanks for the response.

ImperiousBattlestar 1 point 5 days ago
  • For the SSD, you'll have to reformat the drive (wipe everything that's on it, and reinstall a fresh ISO)

• The temp sensors on MoBos aren't always accurate (sometimes), so I odnt think you have to worry abouy anything there

kschendel 1 Build 1 point 4 days ago

Some boards have at least two CPU temp sensors, the Tctrl / Tdie from the CPU chip itself, and a separate thermistor on the motherboard near the CPU which is usually called just CPU or CPU Thermistor or some such thing. I don't know about Asus, but I know some Asrock boards have a broken CPU thermistor sensor that never changes and reads nonsense. See if you can find Tctrl and run your fan curves from that. Or, RMA the board and get one with a working temperature sensor.

[comment deleted]