add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First build, how's this?

Drone
  • 8 months ago

I've never built one before, but I would like to have a somewhat high-end rig. Any suggestions or mistakes that I made?

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VZvWNQ

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Great part list,

If you need the build now I would get 3200 RAM and If you want better cooling the nhd15 is better for cooling but is not as interesting.

I would wait though for the ryzen 3000 cpus though as they will be much faster for the same price, I would get the 3900X and any mobo will do.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll do some research on this, thank you.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Given that we know the prices for third generation Ryzen, I'd wait for those and see how they compare, if you're not desperate to get this.

Which exact CPU to get, which motherboard to pair it with, the cooler, etc, can't really be decided till the reviews are out.

If you need this soon so you can't wait for July 7th, what you have is great. The only two things I would change is the SSD to a 660p to save you some money, because it's clearly just a boot drive, so a slightly slower 660p won't make a difference, and the PSU, which you really need to get a better quality one when you're going for a build of this calibre. Look at EVGA's G2, G3, Corsair's RMx, BitFenix's Whisper M, Seasonic's FOCUS/FOCUS Plus, etc. They're all better units, and you can often find one of them for no more than $20 more than what you've selected here.

Just my opinion.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Look at EVGA's G2, G3, Corsair's RMx, BitFenix's Whisper M, Seasonic's FOCUS/FOCUS Plus, etc. They're all better units, and you can often find one of them for no more than $20 more than what you've selected here. Just my opinion.

Exactly! Not that the the CXM is a bad unit but for a high end rig like this, he should get a better psu.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, it's how I'd go about it. High-end build, get high end parts. Mid-range build, get mid-range parts. Budget build, get budget parts.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll take this into consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube