add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
McChris85
  • 3 months ago

I am kinda new to building PC's and extremely new to modding. My question is, can I mod my existing PSU 24 pin cable? I am not 100 percent sure but it looks like the cables are fused together like they can peel away... below is link to my psu.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/PVzZxr/corsair-txm-gold-650w-80-gold-certified-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020132-na

I would like to take off the connector and partially sleeve just what shows in the case.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Hello,

Not exactly sure of what you mean. But, better to leave well enough alone and just plug it in and forget about it. ;)

Almost all of the new power supplies used today feature a 24-pin power connector to connect to a computer motherboard. However, some motherboards still feature a 20-pin ATX power connection. Thankfully, almost all 24-pin power connectors are designed so that four of the pins can be detached or moved out of the way.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube