add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
erikfox
  • 4 months ago

I purchased an HP Envy 750se from Costco some years ago and then moved it all into a new case. I would like to add some RGB lighting but am not sure what the RGB header is on the motherboard. I believe the mb is a Pegatron IPM17-TP but I can't find a manual for it anywhere on the Internet. The header says RGB_LED and is 4 pins but it looks different than others I searched on the Internet and I can't even tell if it is 12 volts. I took a picture to upload here but can't seem to figure out how to add a picture to my post. I did find a thread on the HP forum that shows a picture of the mb and it is labeled as a "lightening header." Any help would be appreciated.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Documents-of-The-Thimphu-motherboard/m-p/5438069#M123149

Comments

• 4 months ago
  • 1 point

Usually these pins are the 5050 type RGB. Not sure about your board but you can always check the voltage with the help of a multi meter and if it 12V then you can use the 4 pin connector that comes with most 12V 5050 RGB LED Strips. Although reading the manual/datasheet could be more helpful.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube