add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where to position the Corsair h60

FaffyWaffle
  • 3 months ago

Hi,

I currently have a GameMax Titan case and am upgrading some parts, including buying a Corsair h60 liquid cooling fan. Where should this be positioned on the case? I was going to put it on the back

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It looks like that case has room up top for 2 x 120. If that is true and assuming the front case fans are also intake I would place it in one of the top case spots with the fan set to intake from top.

My reasoning for this is because the H60 is a 120 sized radiator and it is going to need as much help as it can get. Exhausting the warmer inside case air through the radiator out the rear will likely be worse performance than intake fresh from up top.

You might be able to place it at the rear and intake from the rear and intake front. But you would probably want some exhaust fans up top as this creates a lesser optimal airflow pattern.

This would also probably depend a bit on CPU / GPU combo. Intake for the radiator from outside will be better for CPU but probably worse for GPU (the warmed air from the radiator is now in the case).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube