add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noctua D15 in Meshify C - 2nd fan not fitting above RAM

Chziime
  • 2 months ago

Hey,

The second 140mm fan, the one that goes outside of the D15, extends too far out of the case because of my tall RAM (G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB DDR4 3200).

What can I do? I have a 3950x and can definitely use both those fans. Is there a single, smaller Noctua fan that I can fit on the outside?

Thanks!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Prime95 gets temps up to an average of 65, periodically going up to ~72.

This is with PBO on and just a single fan in the Noctua. Is this a reasonable temperature?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Is this a reasonable temperature?

Yes, and just use that cooler with the one fan.

And if it runs stable, you don't need to run Prime 95 again anyway.

There are other stress test tools like Blender, Cinebench and AIDA64.

Why should it be Prime 95? lol

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know, because Prime 95 is the only one I know about?

I bought a 120mm fan for the other side of the heatsink... I figure why not.

Is there any Asus software that can monitor CPU fan speeds, or is it already to just leave it alone?

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

You could leave it to auto mode (default) and you could use ASUS Q-Fan control and use different presets or even manually change the fan speed.

Consult your motherboards manual about that.

It does look like this below.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_B450-I_GAMING/E14337_ROG_STRIX_B450-I_GAMING_UM_PRINT.pdf / <page 59-60>

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Can i join your post? Same problem here.

Many posts on forums says that the noctua nh-d15 Will fit with low profile ram as corsair Vengeance lpx (31mm they say). I bought the ram and cooler, but i still get a little preasure, when i try to close my case. I have phanteks Phanteks Eclipse P400A RGB Black. Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong? I wanna get a goodnight sleep without me, worry about the motherboard crack😅

This what i did, but still a little preasure

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

p400a has a cpu clearance of 160mm. NH-d15 requires 165mm. You should have checked the clearance before buying. I believe if you remove front fan and put the middle fan as low as possible (which is not its ideal location but anyway) it will be 160mm high.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Just returnerd the case 😅 bought myself a R6 case. I hope it fits now 😅 with the 185mm clearance😊

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I had this exact issue (even with the same RAM). I bought one of the 120mm Chromax fans to replace the front 140mm fans and have not had any temperature issues since. There also were not any kind of fitment issues against the case glass.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube