add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair commander pro 2.0 jusb

LLEON69
  • 1 month ago

Alrighty, couple questions here, ive got a pre built omen 880 loaded up, but im trying to build a custom desk-case so i got the commander pro for fans around the desk and temp monitoring as well. But. My mobo as far as i can tell and have researched, only has one 2.0 jusb and the pwr sw it connected to it. Im not sure why the prw switch has to run off that but whatever. I dug deaper and found that the front io panel mobo has one as well. I figure it must be to read the front 2 usb ports. Im wondering if i can just jack that connection to the commander pro and lose my front 2 usb ports? I just dont want to fry my stuff with a hunch... lol and if its to risky, is there a way to use the commander pro as a middleman for the pwr sw and jack that connection? (Probably not but also a valid hunch) im just trying to avoid having to rip apart this pre built hp omen and get a new mobo. Also, not sure if i can use the 1080 and i7 8700k in another build being its a pre build so people like to use non spec. Parts for stuff.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

In a couple of prior builds I've used usb hubs when I didn't have enough on the mb - like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Extended-MacBook-Surface-Notebook/dp/B07L32B9C2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+hub&qid=1577581303&s=electronics&sr=1-3

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

My mb has like 8 usb ports in the back and 2 in the front, i ment internal usb ports to plug the commander pro into

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

if I understand what you have. . . there is a usb 2 header on your mb. Take the connector that is going there now off. Connect the hub to that header (you may need an adapter cable, dunno what you have there) and then plug whatever went into the header originally into the hub as well as the commander pro. or am I missing something?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yeah i see what your saying now. And yeah there is only one usb 2 on my mb which is currently being taken by the pwr sw wire, so i dont think i can route that through the commander pro. I do see this adapter as well, it looks Similar to what i was kinda thinking expansion wise. Thanks for your time bud!

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Alright, a little update, i have 2 j-usb pin style inputs on my motherboard, one has the power switch connected, (obviously cant disconnect that) and another thats labeled usbc... i unplugged it and tried the commander pro, everything booted up and seems to be working. Plugged fans in and they got power, but when i pulled up icue, the commander pro didnt show up... is it because the 2.0 look alike isn't meant for anything else? Or do i need to download some sort of driver i dont have...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube