add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

In need of upgrading my i5-6500 (and MoBo too!)

ukeklele
  • 1 month ago

hey guys,

So I just changed my graphic card into RX 590 recently, then I found out that my motherboard is also acting up due to leakage. Now I'm thinking to replace my old motherboard and might as well upgrading my CPU. I haven't been following the recent trend, but all these Ryzen, core threads thingy are making me confuse! My budget is around AUD 500 for both, and I'm also hoping to still use the old parts. So please, if you guys have any suggestion of good CPU paired with MoBo, let me know! I'm using RX 590, DDR4 memory, hyper212x cooler, 550w PSU. thanks!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It's Australian pricing.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

intel is costly particularly as it gets more seasoned. awful to follow through on full cost for old tech. Ryzen5 2600 with that MSI b450 carbon is great not going to see tremendous increases from 3600 CPU except if you play reenactment or procedure games, Ryzen5 3600 with aorus m b450 is fine. MSI b450 carbon and r5 3600 is at $503 yet the mobo needs a profile update. furthermore, any of this future better coming up from your present pc

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I have set my eyes on i5 9400. As Gilroar said, its not worth to buy ryzen5 2600 at full price when i can get a better CPU. What does it means by profile update?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If the main part of any system is from your system, the ROM of your system will be low, then your system will remain this low. If you want to upgrade your system, then definitely upgrade the room if you want to know more about it. You can get more information about this by visiting the link ( ( https://eleggible.com/best-safe-rom-downloading-sites/ ) made.

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Don't need a Z390 with a 9400F so your pricing it way more then it needs to be.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor $209.00 @ Shopping Express
Motherboard ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $129.00 @ Scorptec
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $338.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-31 00:36 AEDT+1100

Same with the 2600

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor $189.00 @ Shopping Express
CPU Cooler GameMax Gamma 500 RGB 51.18 CFM CPU Cooler $33.00 @ Storm Computers
Motherboard MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard $139.00 @ Shopping Express
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $361.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-31 00:33 AEDT+1100

212X likely doesn't come with the AM4 mount so either another cooler or the mount kit is needed for the 2600.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

All these discussion and research actually led me to i5 9600k. Seems like a very good CPU. There are few bundle options that comes with i5 9600k, asus rog strix b365f ($520), or asus TUF b365plus ($470).

Any thought?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

9600K is slightly faster, unlocked for overclocking on "Z" series motherboard, and has integrated graphics.

Honestly the slight speed upgrade isn't worth it on a B365 unless they are very close in price.

Giving the prices you listed I would favor getting a 9400F+board+1tb SSD over a 9600K combination since it brings more to the table for the money.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

So i5 9600k isn't worth for that budget, unless i'm getting the Z mobo, that, if i overclock it, correct? and what do you think about AMD? if i want to buy ryzen5 2600, i have to pay full price, so its not that worth. So my options now is either i5 9400f (for cheaper option), ryzen5 3600 (for mid range), or i5 9600k (for more expensive option). There are another bundle option on i5 9400f, paired it with asus tuf b360m-e ($330), rog strix b365-g ($400), or rig strix b365-plus ($380).

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If you can get the B360 updated to run the 9400F that isn't a terrible buy although I think the B365 Pro 4 is worth the extra $8.

The last two options are not worth the pricing increase for a 9400F

3600 is a pretty large price increase for you guys so I would throw that in with the not worth the pricing increase giving the small performance gains.

2600 really isn't a great buy right now looking at pricing since your getting lower performance at the same or higher price.

9400F on a locked board makes the most sense reusing the older RAM and cooler.

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It still leaves those as an option just removes overclocking.

AMD does the same on their unlocked systems by using up all the clock speed headroom.

It's a placebo feature that doesn't actually matter.

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

New 212X does.

212X from Skylake era were produced before AM4 was launched and are not compatible.

Stock coolers are only fine for stock speeds and limits boost clocks leading to performance loss even on Ryzen.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Personally, would you go for intel or AMD?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I could get Ryzen5 2600 with that msi b450 carbon at $425. Or there is a bundle of Ryzen5 3600 with aorus m b450 ($450) or asus prime b450 m-k ($420). Is it worth to get a better CPU but compromising mobo, or get better mobo but paired with lower CPU?

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube