add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First PC build, OC help

Indicannabisativa

1 month ago

So I am currently in the process of building my first PC ( parts list will be included at the bottom ). I am curious about how far i would be able to overclock the cpu and gpu. I have read some articles online from people who have claimed to hit 5.1Ghz oc on the 9700k with a all-in-one liquid cooler. So would a custom kit like the hydrox be able to outperform those and would a clock of 5.3-5.5GHz be possible if done correctly? Any help you guys could give me would be much appreciated!

Parts list:

Case - corsair crystal 570x Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus z390 pro-wifi PS - Corsair 750w fully modular Storage - Corsair 2tb nvme RAM - Trident Gskill 4x8gb 3200 CPU - Intel i7-9700k GPU - Nvidia rtx 2080ti Cooler - Corsair HydroX stage 2

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

You could get to 5GHz, 5.1 if you really try, above that is extreme OC, 5GHz is a lot, and that produces a lot of heat, but with an AIO you should hit 5GHz without problems.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

A lot depends on the silicon. I would not expect a large advantage from a custom loop as opposed to an AIO, since the temperature difference is unlikely to be more than a few degrees. To hope for much over 5 GHz you need to be lucky with your chip; to get into the mid-5 GHz bracket you'll likely also need active cooling (i.e. refrigeration) to get the chip temperature well below room temp.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube