add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Are 120mm AIO's that bad? Is the Corsair H60 the best 120mm AIO?

Rector-Stingray

1 month ago

I have the Thermaltake Core G3 Case, and I have a Corsair H60 to be used with a Ryzen 7 2700. I didn't get a cheap air cooler due to restrictions (fudge) but some people are saying that 120mm AIO's are really just made from poop. Would it be fine to use the H60 with my 2700?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The 2700 is just a 65 watt processor the h60 will work just fine. The H60 is much better than the stock cooler.

but some people are saying that 120mm AIO's are really just made from poop

Their absolutely nothing wrong with them their not made to cool a power hungry CPU but will work just fine with what you have.

Their pretty much made the same as all the rest just a 120mm rad instead of 240, 280, 360.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What's considered a "power hungry" CPU? One over 65 watts? or 123 watts?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It's not necessarily that they're bad, they just tend to be poor price to performance when compared with good air coolers.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

They also can make more noise, especially when starting up or dealing with low heat levels. They can gurgle until they purge enough air, which bugs some people.

I also have a Ryzen 7 2700, and have been trying to figure out how to get my old AIO cooler to fit (a Cooler Master Seidon 120V). The "non-X" 2700 isn't designed to boost as much as the 2700X [it isn't supposed to violate the 65W limit] and is probably best manually overclocked (which requires good cooling). Once overclocked, I don't expect it to limit itself to 65W.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube