add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Replace Corsair H100i Fan with Platinum RGB Fan

kirito9845x
  • 1 month ago

Hi!

So I have gotten an i7-9700K for my Prime Z390-P mobo and I intended to get the H100i Platinum, but I ended up being given the H100i Pro by the clerk (without the RGB fans).

Because of needing to use the computer urgently at that time, I've ended up installing the Pro on my rig. I intend to get the Platinum after a while.

Is it possible to just replace the fans on my cooler without having to go through the trouble replacing the entire cooler?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

You should be able to replace the stock fans with any pair of 120mm fans you choose. The only thing to pay attention to is if the fans you replace the stocks ones with might lower cooling performance via lower static pressure or CFM.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube