add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 1600 AF back in stock at $85

Pangur
  • 3 months ago

I was looking to buy the 2600x, but at $85 for what is essentially a 2600, I had to pull the trigger. If nothing else it will give me a easy upgrade later.

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

It is a failed 2600 which is being sold downclocked to 1600 levels.

Since it also comes with the Wraith Stealth and has a poorer voltage profile then even the 2600 getting a aftermarket cooler is even more recommended then that model.

They have been around for a few months now just people are starting to be more aware of the change.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

According to Gamers Nexus they are clock almost exact like the 2600. With a Blender test the older 14 nm chip ran at 3399 and the new 12nm chip ran at 3647. For Assassin's Creed at 1080p the original 1600 reached 83.0 FPS average, the new 1600 reached 97.7 and the 2600 was at 97.8. It was pretty much the same with all the games tested, the 1600 AF was just a fraction below of the 2600.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRO_AUdmfis

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Gamers Nexus tests with a 280mm AIO for all CPU tests not the stock cooler, so it can make full use of Precision Boost 2 advantages.

Without overkill cooling like they use the results are very different, so like I posted above you want aftermarket cooling with the chips since your getting the poor cooler.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to know, but given that I have an A8-8600P now, this is a big upgrade for me. :-)

• 3 months ago
  • 2 points

That it will.

I would probably have checked out the used market though since you can snag 1700/1700X even the rare 1800X around that price range pretty often with how cheap the 2700/2700X have been lately.

Your not trying to replace the A8 with the 1600AF on the same motherboard are you???

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

100% agree with this statment. Why spend $85+ tax when you can just pick up a 1700-1800X for $100-120. if you are afraid of used, then pick up the 2700 for $150. $15-50 lands you 2 extra cores and 4 threads. Im not sure why anyone would be looking at a 6c/12t cpu anymore?

Turn off the FPS counter and enjoy the buttery smooth game play. Lets be real, no one should be buying an AMD 6 core cpu to pair it with anything above a 2060 Super.

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh heavens no. Here is my parts list so far. I am pretty much locked in now except for the case. I plan to get a better video card later and at your advice a better cooler.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pangur/saved/jMwwhM

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube