add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will a 2700 Bottleneck a 2060 Super?

Victor_Aranda
  • 1 month ago

I want to build a pc this year, and I want to get the 2700 and the 2060 Super, I was wondering if the Cpu will bottleneck the GPU.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

No it will be fine. :)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Ok, thans so much, It was the only thing I was worried about.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There is no need to worry about, you should start worrying with a GPU greater than a RTX 2070 Super.

And even then, you would be mostly limited from the lower multi core speed of an Ryzen 2700 processor than the number of the available cores and threads.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

ok, thanks for the advice.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://tpucdn.com/review/amd-ryzen-7-3700x/images/relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

Making a comparison between the 2700 and an i9-9900K using the RTX 2080Ti, we get a performance difference of 17.5%

https://imgur.com/z5xnO7I

Not bad considering the i9-9900K is the fastest Intel consumer processor so far.

With the RTX 2060 super, the difference would be lower than 10%.

So not a big deal, considering the 2700 costs only $150 and the i9-9900K has an astronomical price of near 500 bucks! O.o

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes, rn the second gen ryzen are really cheap, for me rn the third gen is expensive, and the 2700 it´s still a really good Cpu, I´m planning on overclocking it to get better performance.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I want to get the 2700 and the 2060 Super, I was wondering if the Cpu will bottleneck the GPU.

Yes certainly the 2700 could bottleneck the 2060 Super. Whether it matters or not depends on the game, your in game settings, resolution of monitor and it's refresh rate.

I personally would not worry about it, research the frame rates you want for the games you want to play. If the CPU and GPU tick the boxes go for it. For most modern games I would figure that the GPU will bottleneck framerates but if you like to play older titles as well and have a super high refresh rate monitor that could easily affect CPU choice.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

I would not be worried about bottlenecking on that pairing. To look at it in a non technical way you are pairing a decent mid range CPU with a mid range GPU. If used for gaming keeping both the GPU and CPU in the same ballpark does make some sense. I would not want to pair a r3 1200 with a RTX 2080 ti the same I don't want to pair a GTX 1050 ti with a 9900k or 3900x assuming the use is for gaming.

Of course depending on the game and use there is always exceptions due to technical reasons but this is more of a general overall. Both the CPU and GPU can handle mid range gaming well with modern titles.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube