add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Game freezes after 2 seconds

renarssi

1 month ago

Long story short , i opened rainbow six siege and it goes for 2 seconds and then just freezes until i alt tab , in the split second while im alt tabbing i can see it move again and then when im on my desktop and open it again it runs for 2 seconds and freezes again , same thing with league of legends (in league of legends it resolved it self after a couple of freezes but was running like **** , the fps was 200 or so but lag was still very noticable , fixed the lag by going borderless)

Ive been thinking about upgrading the ram from the brand new 2x4gb 2666mhz to 2x8 3200mhz and hoping that it would fix the issue since my ryzen feeds off of high speed ram.

Current specs:

b450 a pro max

SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 580 4G G5 gpu

2x4gb 2666mhz corsair vengeance

ryzen 5 3600 , 3.6mhz

Right now its either upgrade ram and then psu (non related , just old and noisy) or the other way around.

Thoughts?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Right now its either upgrade ram and the PSU (non related, just old and noisy)

Upgrade the ram for sure, as league of legends seems to consume more than 6GB of system Ram (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdCcPF9dl8o), and it gets even worse with Rainbow Six Siege that seems to need 8GB of system Ram. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4a2_YkYp8&t=865s)

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Alright good to hear someone telling me to do it , i wouldve sat here and never chosen neither. Thank you

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You're welcome!

Tell us how it works out. :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube