add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Weird crash and after moment system restarted on 9900K and 2080 Ti.

sew333
  • 1 month ago

Monitor:AORUS AD27QD

Cpu: i7-9900K stock 4.7 with Noctua NH-D15

Gpu: Rtx 2080 Ti Aorus Xtreme Waterforce ( stock no oc,temps max 63C on load )

Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000MHZ XMP

Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W

Monitor: AORUS AD27QD

SSD: Crucial 1TB

HDD: WB BLUE 1 TB

Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

Hello. I bought GPU in october 2019. All was super smooth,stable,no issues. I left many games running for hours without crash or restart. But............

Yesterday i left Metro Exodus when i go to work for 12 hours. When i back to home game was still running,fine. But when i click EXIT to main menu,monitor goes black screen and game crashed with display driver crash. After moment and after crash when i was on Windows 10 idle,pc restarted itself ( kernel 41 ). And now its fine again.

My question is GPU OR PSU get overheated ?

I clicked exit to main menu and it crashed to windows with display driver crash.

Next issue. After crash i was in Windows 10 and out of the blue, after 2-3 minutes pc just restarted. So why pc restarted itself? PSU ?

ps: PSU is 2 months old.

Should i worry?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

First to try to rule out the GPU is to reinstall drivers, since the crash was related to the GPU drivers.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

After doing a clean reinstall of drivers and still have an issue try a different cable. May not sound important but I had a similar issue on an old R9-270x I used to have years ago. I had an issue where the driver would keep crashing randomly and replacing the monitor cable is what fixed it for me.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

. I left game running by character standing on the same place for 12 hours. When i back to home i clicked ESC and exit to MAIN MENU and during that BLACK SCREEN and crash with TDR driver crash in event log. Then after 2-3 minutes Windows restarted itself without touching anything. ( EVENT said KERNEL POWER 41 ). No BSOD code.

Any ideas? Maybe psu is failing?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

would be weird, the total use is around 500W with everything at full load, and it's more like 400W with that setup.

Is a spare PC availble?

If not, here is a sub-200 dollar one you can check the PSu in:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Celeron G3900 2.8 GHz Dual-Core Processor $43.23 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock H110M-HDS R3.0 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $55.98 @ Newegg
Memory Mushkin Essentials 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133 Memory $28.88 @ Amazon
Storage PNY CS900 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $18.98 @ Amazon
Case Rosewill FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $29.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Titanium 850 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply Purchased For $0.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $177.06
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-05 01:49 EST-0500
  • 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I would run stress tests (memtest86, prime95) before blaming the PSU. Also, run a hardware monitor such as hwinfo to make sure that temperatures are OK. If there is failing hardware, I think it's more likely to be the GPU, not the PSU. However I have a feeling this is a driver problem (software), not necessarily hardware.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I dont know if that was BSOD because system was rebooted so quickly i even no saw bsod blue screen. But after this all is fine. I tested again all games,memtests,realbench and no issues.

Maybe it was something that i left Metro for many hours and system get crazy?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube