add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cpu choices ?

Rabhioli

1 month ago

Hi guys I’m an a Xbox player and I’m beginning my guide into the pc realm. I really don’t know anything about pcs but I think I spec out a nice build for my budget around $900. I’m mainly going to be playing fortnite and modern warfare. Please let me know if i should switch my gpu or cpu :D thanks!

-AMD ryzen 3600 -msi b450 tomahawk max -g.skills ripjaws 16gb ddr4 3200mhz - western digital caviar hard drive 1tb - Kingston 120gb ssd - msi GeForce gtx 1660 ti 6 gb gaming x -nzxt 5510 case - Corsair cxm 550 w 80+ bronze semi modular

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What holds you back as fps concerns is the GPU.

So, if you think the GTX 1660 Ti isn't enough (as far as the resolution and graphical detail levels concerns), then you need to upgrade the GPU on that matter.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Well I was going to get the gaming x but a lot of people said it’s not worth the $70 for only the 3% difference they said save and get the 5700 is that a good idea?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Yes that's true.

3600 vs 3600X isn't much of a difference (a couple of fps gain depending the game)

But a better GPU like the 5700 for example, would make a difference.

https://tpucdn.com/review/amd-radeon-rx-5700/images/relative-performance_1920-1080.png

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What resolution are you gaming at? and the 1660 Super performs very close to the Ti but is cheaper.

I assume the 120GB SSD is for booting, I'd go with 240GB minimum, and if the budget will take it, just get a 1TB SSD and put everything there.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

1080 p 144htz 1ms and yeah pretty much to boot. Does any ssd do the job? Or is their something I should look for while picking an ssd

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Any SSD will work. The NVMe SSD's are faster on paper than SATA SSD's, but unless you care about a second or so boot speed advantage, there's no difference in real life for most gaming builds.

As for the GPU, if you insist on epic settings, you'll need more GPU, like a 2070 Super. If you're OK with more reasonable settings then I think a 1660 Super would do it. Maybe a 2060 (non super) if you want a lot of the high settings and want to stay close to 144 fps.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

<1TB tend to have lower specs than the larger versions of the same drive. But for the most part that won't have a material impact on your PC, but they are less economic in terms of $/GB.

Most won't notice the difference between NVMe and SATA, so you can buy on price. Be cautious with the very cheapest though, to avoid DRAM-less drives.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I currently have an i3-4130 and want a cpu to support the Rx 590 currently in my also old motherboard as well and need an opinion on what should i get

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube