add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Trouble with cpu help please

Theetexan
  • 3 months ago

I had a lot of difficulty putting the fan cooler on top of my cpu after I had already installed the motherboard.

Is it possible to put the cooler on the cpu first while the board is out of the case then install the whole thing together?

Does anyone use that technique?

Tex

Comments

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

usually i install the CPU and cooler when the mobo is outside

what cooler you have?

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s a Ryzen 3900x with the cooler that came with it

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

take out the mobo and redo the install.

you need a flat surface or table to properly screw in the cooler

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s one of those kind that don’t screw in but has clips that clamp down with a lever

• 3 months ago
  • 1 point

oh i see the wraith prism

you will still need to lay the mobo on the flat surface

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube