add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Most recommended liquid cooler for AM4 under $130?

Diiifferent

1 month ago

Processor exceeds and sometimes goes over 110c in games. Reapplied thermal paste, used all the fans possible to put in my case and even tried using different thermal pastes.

Ryzen 5 2600 MSI B450 Gaming Plus ATX Mobo

US

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The NH-d15 is a really good cooler if you can fit it.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback but I'm looking for a liquid cooler.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Pretty much any aftermarket cooler is better than the stock cooler other than some tiny cheap Intel box cooler type ones.

The Arctic Liquid Freezer II series, depending on radiator support in your case, is my current performance pick. The VRM fan on the waterblock helps with VRM temps, which gives it a boost in comparison to the competition.

Most liquid coolers are essentially the same with different fans. A few notable ones to look at are:

• Fractal Design Celsius S36

• Coolermaster MLxR series (not the L, those are cheaper and not as good)

• Corsair Hxxxi series

• Corsair H60, if you are looking at single fan radiators

• Silverstone PF series, which has ARGB and IMO a nice looking pump block

• EVGA CLC series

Just get one that looks pretty to you in the largest size you can squeeze in your case.

Worth saying again just about anything is better than the stock cooler. Even a cheap $20 tower cooler like the Gammaxx 400 should have no trouble with a PBO enabled 2600.

You might also want to check what voltages your board is running... maybe do a BIOS update. Higher voltage= more heat. Too high of a voltage can also kill your CPU eventually.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the info, I have everything running at stock however. Never wanted to mess with overclocking/playing with voltages anyway. Could these be changed w/out my knowledge?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Unlikely, but it's possible that the BIOS is applying a high voltage stock. Try a BIOS update and then double check what kind of voltage is being put into your CPU under load through hwinfo.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'm having a bit of trouble with that number. How are you measuring the temperature? Is the CPU overclocked and/or overvolted, and by how much?

Even as crappy as the Stealth is, if its fan is spinning, you shouldn't be getting anywhere near 110C, even Tctrl (which is often shown as 10C over actual Tdie). Even running a stress test like prime95 I wouldn't expect more than mid 80's with the Stealth. Something is very wrong here.

The 2600 is a 65w (nominal) TDP processor and you shouldn't need liquid cooling. Any halfway competent air cooler should work.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

At first, MSI Afterburner showed that it was at 105, so I thought "Yeah, that can't be right." So I downloaded a different tool and it showed the same thing. Tried another tool, same thing. Cleaned my cooler, new thermal paste, all of that. Didn't help. Never messed with the voltage or overclocked it, never really planned on it anyway. Figured it could shorten my CPU's lifespan, so why mess with it. Even temp in BIOS seemed way too high for what it should be at. I open my case sometimes to make it run cooler, literally its a heater.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I'd try Ryzen Master or hwinfo64 if you haven't done one of those.

I've never heard of a stock 2600 hitting 100+ or even 90+ if the cooler is working at all. Very strange. Maybe that particular Stealth is defective in some odd way (internal crack above the mating surface or something). You might try a BIOS reset as well, just to see.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube