add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair CX450M Is the PSU good for my specs?

jackhammer41730

1 month ago

I am in the process of building a new PC and I got the Corsair CX450M recently. Now that I have looked at some reviews (which I should of done before buying. Whoops) And some have said that it is an ok PSU for gaming and some have said that it is a bad PSU for gaming. Would it suffice as a PSU for gaming on a Ryzen 3600 and RTX 2060 Super, or should I return it and buy a better PSU for those specs?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 3 points

No, that PSU is OK.

Voltage regulation is very good for a power supply in this price category, the ripple on the 12V is just moderate but that applies to the full wattage load.

There are some cheaper capacitors too, but that's a budget unit anyway. Overall it's a good performing PSU.

For something better, you should look at the Corsair TX550M or similar priced models.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

If you can return it for free, then sure, return it and get the CX550. Otherwise it's OK for your current system as it doesn't draw that much wattage.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

It's a decent psu for the the pc you have.

You can always get better ofcourse but you will also pay more. Decision is yours.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I mean not really, the CX550 is only $1 more than the 450M and is much better quality.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube