add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP! RAMS clearance issues and best , adviseable options

yognying59
  • 1 month ago

As i was assembling my pc, cpu cooling fans on the heatsink, which came with 2 fans. I notice i cant place the 2nd fan not as deep. In this situation, what would be best? 1. PLace it higher up the RAM. 2. Reverse on the other side as reverse. 3. Not adding the extra fan or neither of these?

I'm trying to get a ram that smallest as possible or get it one size to fit in one slot, so that cooler can rest deeper since its only hitting that last slot.

Please leave your feedback and let me know your thoughts and what's best. Thank you all so much!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Can you be specific as to what CPU cooler and what motherboard you have? and are you populating all 4 RAM slots (if there are 4) or just 2?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Noctua NH-D15 chrome black Max, asus Tufx570 plus WiFi, 2 slots. It only really is hitting the 4th slot, the cooler

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

You can raise the front fan if the Casing clearance allows it, or just mount the front fan at the rear of the heat-sink (if possible) or at worse just use only one fan. So the middle one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube