add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Water cpu cooler gurgles when under heavy load

TheCZMG
  • 1 month ago

I tried mining cryptocurrency on my 2 week old + build. Everything was fine up until I tried mining. It started to gurgle under a heavy load. (from cpu mining) I turned off the miner and a second later it stopped. Is this normal?

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

What parts?

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/RcdFf7/cooler-master-masterliquid-ml240l-rgb-667-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-mlw-d24m-a20pc-r1

Considering it is one of the cheapest 240mm AIOs on the market I would not be surprised if there are air bubbles in the loop that you may be hearing the pump pushing through as the pump increases its own speed due to heat.

Though not sure why you are doing CPU mining unless you live somewhere that has electricity included with rent. If not chances are the cost of the power to run the CPU will be more than the profit from mining.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Sorry for the late reply. The program uses a combination of CPU and GPU mining. I don't pay electricity where I live. (Comes included in rent) I wanted to try some mining, not for profit, just for fun.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube