add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How much CPU power will the proper chipset boost?

LAPIII

1 month ago

I'm going to get an AMD Ryzen 3700X and I don't like the only X570 mobo for mATX. The mobo I that I'm planning to get is the MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM because of the PCI 3.0 x16 slots.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

MSI B450M MORTAR TITANIUM because of the PCI 3.0 x16 slots.

That only features one 3.0x16 the other is a 2.0 limited by the x4 chipset connection.

So don't plan on a multi-GPU setup since only the dead Crossfire would be possible.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

There shouldn't be much in the way of difference between the three, the main difference are the features such as usb 3.1 vs 3.2 and PCLe 4.0. Neither of these things really effect cpu speed beyond maybe a difference in vrm for overclocking.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

features such as usb 3.1 vs 3.2

3.2 is 3.1 and 3.0 they renamed it again.

https://www.msi.com/blog/new-usb-standard-usb-3-2-gen-1-gen2-explained

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

CPU power nothing will change.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube