add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Sleeved Cables suggestions needed.

JoReckit
  • 3 months ago

Just some suggestions and personal experience would be helpful. I'm about to water-cool my system and want to add some Sleeved Cables when I take everything out. I would say my budget is below $150.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

There are 2 basic options to get the "sleeved look".

1. Sleeved Cables that plug directly into the (modular) PSU. These are relativly expensive ($80+ for a full set) and you will have to get specific cables that match the pin-layout of your PSU. These are available either directly from the PSU-company (Corsair) or from third-party vendors like CableMod.

2. Sleeved "Extentions". These are universal cables that plug into the existing cables of the PSU (modular or non-modular). These are a lot cheaper ($30+ for a full set). Common brands are Phanteks, EZDIY and others.

If your case allows the extra length of cables I would go for the second choice, otherwise CableMod would be a good choice if your PSU is supported

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey, thanks so much for the reply. I am still looking for some but I did not quite understand the differences you listed, well mostly option 2. So sleeved extension plugs into your cables to make a longer cable? And option 1 is just a total cable replacement straight into your power supply? I have the Evga Supernova 750w G3 and my case is the Fractal Design R6.

Edit: Ya it makes sense now lol thanks.

I was wanting option 1, but I'm guessing I won't be easy to reuse them with other power supplies-unless it's the exact same brand and model?

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes, option 2 will let you reuse them no matter what PSU you have next

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube