add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Changing fans on ml240l

henge86
  • 2 months ago

Hi im looking to change the fans on this cooler to quieter ones which cables should i keep connected ?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but most fans have a cable for power 12v, and this can be 2 to 4 wires depending on what type fan the pwm fans have more and are more common now. An led rgb fan will have another cable with 4 wires for lighting. If you replace you need to know if you want a standard fan, pwm fan, and then is it a lighted led fan or a RGB fan that does many colors. Some RGB fans are compatible with motherboard RBG and some are not or have their own controller for color. So make sure you get the right replacement and just connect it up like it was, unless you are changing something. I just put a deepcool RF120M on my air cooler and added the RGB to it, and connected it to my Aura RGB on the board. It is working nicely. The old fan had no lighting but was a pwm fan.

It says they are 2000 rpm PWM 120 fans, but I don't see anything about the RGB wiring. If you get 1500 rpm fans it should be quieter, but not sure it will be much different than those fans slowed down, assuming you can slow them down.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Not entirely sure what you mean by what cables to keep connected, is this an upcoming build or a currently built one?

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Its an upcoming build. Its just coz the pump has 2 cables comin off it one connects to mb the other to a rgb hub that connects to the fans. Was hopein to bypass this hub coz itl make my case a mess of cables

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Connect the pump to the CPU pump header and to the RGB header(Or the hub if your board doesn't have a header), and connect the fans to the CPU fan header(You'll need a splitter if the board doesn't have a CPU fan header and a CPU_opt header), if the fans you're getting don't have RGB than that's it, if so, then you'll need to use the hub. However a little reminder since people often forget about this, make sure the fans, if they'll have RGB, can sync with the pump and your other components, otherwise you're going to have to go into different software and if you have an animation in effect(Like color wave) they won't sync.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube