add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

First Build, Not sure what PSU to get. Any suggestions overall are appreciated.

RickyMac
  • 2 months ago

Hi, I'm Rick I'm currently looking to build my first pc. It will 99% be used for music production. Fl Studio 20. I've began choosing my parts but I'm unsure as to which psu to go with. Here is my current parts list.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/PWG2zN

Would the integrated graphics be sufficient enough? I have no interest in gaming on it. Just music production. If you have any suggestions I'd really value all of your feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Unsure for the GPU, i did make other swaps and add the recommended PSU:

PCPartPicker Part List

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $299.00 @ Canada Computers
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition 57.3 CFM CPU Cooler $49.75 @ Vuugo
Motherboard MSI Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $169.50 @ Vuugo
Memory Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $92.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive $84.99 @ Newegg Canada
Storage Seagate SkyHawk 2 TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive $79.20 @ Vuugo
Case Phanteks ECLIPSE P350X ATX Mid Tower Case $99.99 @ Amazon Canada
Power Supply Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $67.98 @ Amazon Canada
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $169.75 @ Vuugo
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1113.15
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-03-15 01:29 EDT-0400
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey thanks so much for taking the time to make some edits. By any chance what was your reason to swap out what you did if you don't mind explaining? Was it for cheaper alternatives? I have decided I'm going to get a seperate graphics card but I don't need anything crazy what would you pick as far as the most bang for your buck? I'm going to get the 9600k version without the integrated graphics.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

quoted text Seagate SkyHawk 2 TB 3.5" 5900RPM Internal Hard Drive. I noticed you swapped out the 2tb barracuda that's 7200rpms. I'm not sure but wouldn't the 7200rpms be faster performance?

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Nope: https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/343806-i-feel-like-we-need-to-figure-out-what-hdd-we-should-put-in-for-builds-for-others-to-get

As for the build:

since it's not needing to be overclocked, just picked a cheap Z390, cheaper RAM, and a faster SSD.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

This is my new updated list I'm almost certain I'm going to go with this one.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/RickyMac/saved/w9VDcf

I'm just receiving a compatibility issue warning in picker list saying if I use m.2 for my SSD or something it disables sata... I don't know what that means or if it matters in my situation. Thanks again for your help.

Rick

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The warning means exactly what it says. If you use that m.2 slot you lose the use of one SATA port. The other SATA ports continue to work.

You went from integrated graphics to a fairly high end video card? That's fine, but if you were looking for something just a bit better than integrated graphics, I would have suggested a GT 1030 or an RX 570.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

The reason for the change is because my budget has increased and would like to work with after effects smoothly. I just want to know that with all the parts I chose would I still have enough sata ports. I apologize this is my first time building a pc and alot of this especially the terms listed with what the motherboard include are jibberish to me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube