add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

smallest PSU for NVLink rtx 2080 ti ?

Claro28111
  • 2 months ago

hey I was thinking of designing a small case ( based on lian li PC-OX line) so I wanted to know what is the smallest PSU for NVLink RTX 2090ti

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

A assume you mean by NVLINK 2080Ti, you mean looking at running a pair?

What other components do you envisage to use? a 9700k has a much different power profile vs a threadripper of X299 CPU etc.

You can see her for example a rig with a 8700k @ 5Ghz and pair of 2080Ti's in NVLINK can sit at around 750 watts or so, with some higher peeks: https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8741/geforce-rtx-2080-ti-nvlink-4k-120fps-gaming-now-here/index10.html

You CPU will change the equation more depending on what it is also, but either way, as you would expect, will need to be fairly beefy.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I would not.

You also neglected to mention your CPU, 8700k while it does use power, there are ones on the market that can consume more now.

Personally if with a modest OC on a 8700k and pair of 2080TIs out the box peak at near 800 watts, would defo not pick a 800w PSU, more so as I say if you get a CPU which does consume more power, you want more headroom and to sit at a more efficient point then near maxed out continuously or above depending on CPU choice.

Just my two cents, either go single 2080Ti or scale up your PSU more adequately.

• 2 months ago
  • 0 points

SF 750 perhaps?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 2 months ago
  • 1 point

thank you for the note, but I was thinking of designing a custom case ( with custom dimensions ) so I think it would be manageable if I want to increase the size a little to have 2 cards together especially if I used 2 slots cards

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube