- 2 months ago
So, my first CPU build. Pretty much everything went perfectly, though I have ended up coming across occasional issues that may have occurred due to my lack of experience. One of which (I think) is a major difference between the temps of my cores. Put simply, while doing a Prime95 test, I found that package temps maxed out at 89°, with the max temp of a single core being 88°. However, the odd thing was that I had cores that maxed out at 79°, 80°, and 81°. Doing some quick googling, I've come to the conclusion that my thermal paste application was not the best. As for what I'm asking: I'd like some thoughts on whether I'm correct, and how I should best go about dealing with this.