add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

CPU cooler AIO advice & mod

Ruizitu
  • 2 months ago

I'm building my first PC and aesthetics are important to me.

Pcpartpicker list

I'm trying to keep a black & white theme and all I'm missing is the CPU cooler. I was thinking about getting the new H150i PRO XT but it seems to be OOS everywhere, and with all that's going on, it might take a while to arrive.

My choice it's between NZXT, and preferably Corsair.

After seeing some complete builds, I must say that the white H100i RGB PLATINUM SE looks incredible, but not sure if it's the best choice in terms of performance. I could use some recommendations when it comes to AIO's.

I like the idea of having to do a bit of modding as I have plenty of time now. I had a few stupid ideas. If I end up with the white H100i and replace the radiator with a 360mm rad, it would cost me the same as buying the H150i PRO, do you think it's worth it? Will the pump still perform well? Or any other AIO's, even if in black, I could always paint some parts and replace the tubes.

I want to thank this community, I've learnt a lot and found a lot of important information around here.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ryzen CPU's with either of these AIO options are already in excellent hands. Since manual overclocking is the least of your worries (Ryzen fares better with AMD's pre-configured boost/power draw profiles) you don't need to worry about "performance". Go with what suits you best in terms of the aesthetic appeal! (you don't need a 360mm rad)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube