add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

6 pin cpu connector on mobo

tidyshark
  • 2 months ago

My moms computer has a 6 pin cpu connector on her motherboard. I've never seen this before. Her PSU recently went out, so I got her a new one and it has three 4 pin cpu connectors, but nothing I could make into a 6 pin. Either that or she sent me the wrong pic lol but it looked like it was right next to the ram and CPU cooler, so I'm assuming it's the right pic. Can I just plug 2 of the 4 pins into it, or do I need a 8 to 6 pin adapter (cant find them on amazon)

Any help is appreciated, thanks guys!

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Might help if you can link the pic somewhere and/or give the mobo model number.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

It's actually a P2 connector and it's used to tell the psu to turn on and control the fan on it. I can't find an adapter for it anywhere.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

She has an lga1155 motherboard and cant afford a new motherboard.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

I've figured it out. I thought the 24 pin mobo connector was in use, but it's not. I was able to get a 24 pin to dual 6 pin connector that should work just fine

• 2 months ago
  • 2 points

Cool!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube