add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Intel i9-9900K 240mm AIO

kirito9845x
  • 1 month ago

So I currently have an i7-9700 cooled by a Corsair RGB Platinum H100i AIO, running on a MSI Z390 ACE with a MSI RTX2060S GPU.

By the end of the year, I'm thinking about upgrading to a i9-9900K. I've seen people cool this CPU with a AIO 240. One person shared that he used a LC240 for cooling this beastly chip. (My case, Carbide Spec-04, seems like it cannot fit a 360 or 280).

Because I'm more fond of RGB, I'm more looking into AIO with RGB. The Aorus Liquid Cooler got my attention the most. It looks more expensive, but worth the value for looks and features, and it is currently my secondary goal besides the i9-9900K (although, I do not know how well it can cool it). I can also check the temp from the pump.

Should I stick to my current H100i AIO, or I get the Aorus AIO?

Thanks!

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Why not stick with the H100i and see how you get on?

If running the i9 at stock, performance-wise the H100i has you covered nicely. Manual overclocking with a 5Ghz+ target would be more leaning towards a 280mm rad with superior quality static pressure fans or even better a 360mm rad (which does imply upgrading to a compatible case).

or I get the Aorus AIO?

can't argue with personal preference. if it adds value from an aesthetics point of view and money is no object, the sky is the limit :)

Any particular reason why you're moving from a 9700 to a 9900K? (just curious)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube