add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ryzen 2700x with a x570 Mobo

the_tick01
  • 2 months ago

So this is my first time building a pc and I'm still learning about parts as I go but I may have made a mistake today.

I bought an Asus x570 Tuf gaming wifi and was looking for a cpu to pair with it. Then today comes by with a huge discount on a Ryzen 2700x (259 CAD, I know it has been cheaper but needed a cpu). So I decided to go with it and bought it.

As I'm doing more research on pc parts in general after buying it, I come across something on about the ryzen 2700x not really worth it being paired with a x570. Apparently it bottlenecks what the Mobo can do (and ram speed and etc).

Is this true? Did I waste my money and build in doing this?

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

There shouldn't be anything wrong with a 2700X on an X570. It won't run the PCIe bus at full speed, but that's hardly a "bottleneck" since there are very few peripherals that can actually use PCIe 4.0 anyway.

An X570 is in some ways more motherboard than a 2700X needs but that's a value issue, not a performance issue. Since you got the 2700X for a good price I don't see a problem.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks for replying and helping me out.

Would you know if pairing the two would limit my RAM speeds? I've read that it may limit to 3000 at best so im debating on which Memory to buy....

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

You can expect 3200 MT/s to work unless your 2700X sample is unusually bad. I'd probably go for 3200CL16 which is pretty common, and isn't much more than 3000 MT/s these days. If your 2700X won't run at 3200 you can always manually downclock the memory in the BIOS by a notch or two until it's stable. (As an example, my 2700X runs 100% stable with my DDR4-3200 memory using the regular XMP profile but with the transfer rate manually set to 3133 MT/s. If I run it at 3200 I get a crash every few days, which is unacceptable in my situation. I could almost certainly adjust that out with voltage tweaks but it's not worth my time to fool with it.)

You can buy memory rated at 3600 MT/s but you would likely have to downclock it manually to whatever your 2700X sample can handle; might be 3600, might be 3400, might be less; impossible to know for sure without trying it.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah ok I see what you mean. Thanks so much for the reply and help.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Apparently it bottlenecks what the Mobo can do (and ram speed and etc).

Nothing from the above applies, but for spending less money - YES you could get a cheaper board. But that's it. ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube