add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

is a dark rock 4 pro oversized for a ryzen 5 3600 cpu

flyer48
  • 1 month ago

i won't do excessive OC, but a bit oc would be fun. i want it silent.

i am planning a gaming PC.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

If you can afford it, NO.

You may face Ram clearance issues though with tall Ram heat spreaders.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH edition would work well, has no RAM clearance issues, and it's basically inaudible. Whether it's any cheaper than the DR4P, I don't know.

Or, for fun, stick a Thermalright Le Grand Macho on it and fiddle the fan curve so that it's off most of the time. I believe the original LGM was fanless, the LGM RT has the fan.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

it looks like that this problem is solved by bequiet with version 4, i watched some yt vids about that issue

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the answers, the question is if the DRP4 is oversized for this cpu.

i want it silent, yes but if someone can tell me that a way smaller cooler with the same loudness and less costs would do the same job i would be very grateful.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

I think you're asking a question that would be hard to answer, as it would require someone to have tried a bunch of coolers specifically with the 3600, with noise rather than temperatures as the priority.

I'll give it a shot though. From the 3600 TDP specs (which are fantasy but at least give a vague clue), and various cooler reviews, I'm going to suggest either the Dark Rock Slim or the Pure Rock. The latter will likely have the CPU running a bit hotter for equivalent noise levels. Either one would be smaller than the DR4P, and easier to fit as well.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

i watched some yt videos to get a good guess i think.

If you run ryzen 5 3600 at stock speed the Dark Rock Slim will do it's job very fine holding the temperature at around 70 degrees celcius which is fine. Source: https://youtu.be/_T18iyUAJ28?t=176

If you want to overclock any Ryzen cpu temperature is very important point, they are very sensitive to higher temperatures while overclocking them. Source: https://youtu.be/7w1EGPZUESU?t=334

I want both, i want to be able to overclock and to have a quiet System. i will go for the bigger one :D Now it's time to find out which Mainboard is suitable for good overclocking :D. Thanks for your help.

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Overclocking a Ryzen 3000 usually doesn't get you any real improvement over stock boosts with a good cooler, but don't let me hold you back from trying! and there's certainly no harm in running the larger cooler if you're OK with the cost and size.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube