add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Question about power supply Wattage/durability

dandyism
  • 2 months ago

Good day, I have a question about the power supply of my PC-setup. I have the following setup: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/dandyism/saved/KGtp8d The estimated Wattage is 364W. My current power supply is the Cooler Master MWE Gold 750W, which has 750Watt. Is it better to get a power supply with as much Watt as possible or one with an amount of Watt that comes close to the estimated Wattage of your setup. Because my current power supply broke down and I have to replace it with a new one. Perhaps it broke down because it has a lot more Watt than the estimated Wattage of my setup? Also if you guys can recommend me a new durable power supply based on my setup then that would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually neither, you want a PSU rated at your estimated wattage plus 100-200w or so for typical parts list.

For your parts I'd recommend a Corsair CX 450w. Other choices are certainly available, for instance Seasonic Focus at 550w, but they cost quite a bit more.

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

The PSU will only draw how much power the PC needs plus extra to account for efficiency.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4xGnTW/phanteks-amp-650-w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ph-p650g_us01

This is a upgrade and its cheaper.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube