add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Would I be able to run a ryzen 5 3600 the AB350M Pro4

Silicon_Shadow
  • 1 month ago

I built my PC around 2 years ago and originally picked this motherboard up because it had some pretty good vrms (supposedly) I was wondering if this motherboard would be good enough to run the ryzen 5 3600 stock.

Comments

• 1 month ago
  • 2 points

Yes, just make sure your BIOS is updated to the latest version to support your CPU.

[comment deleted]
  • 1 month ago
  • 3 points

Shouldn't be an issue, as the 3600 is half the size of the 1600. 7nm vs 14nm.

Umm, that does not mean the CPU die size is half the size. The actual die size is currently unknown for the 3600 but what the 14nm vs 7nm means is that the tiny transistors in the CPU the smallest ones are that small. They are both 65w CPUs and I know personally that said motherboard can handle a higher wattage CPU. I currently run the ASRock ab350m Pro4 board myself but I got a r7 1800x overclocked to 4.0 GHZ at 1.381v. When I max out all cores AIDA64 reports back that the CPU is drawing ~144w of power on that 8c16t CPU. It has been running stable for me since early 2017 so for 3 years now. I would have zero worries about the VRMs capability running a 6 core CPU with a base 65w TDP even if it gets overclocked and takes more power. I would suspect the board should be able to run a 3700x too with ease.

Only note is before OP takes out the old CPU please update the bios to the latest version. If running an original bios from 2017 it will not work right away. Also when updating bios look for all the notes of "please update to x.xx version before updating to this version"

• 1 month ago
  • 1 point

Thanks

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube