add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Sm00thb0r3
  • 86 months ago

Hi all,

I am trying to decide between an Antec High current pro 1200W or a Seasonic 1000W Platinum PSU. Can anyone give me advice on what you would choose?

Comments

• 86 months ago
  • 2 points

What do you need all that wattage for? You running tri/quad SLI? What are your parts?

EDIT: +1 for Seasonic. They are an awesome brand.

• 86 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go for the Seasonic they have better quality in my opinion.

• 86 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly, both are equally good choices in my opinion. The Antec offers slightly lower efficiency, higher output, and is only partially modular (in that the CPU and EPS cables are permanently affixed, but the rest are not); the Seasonic is more efficient, has fewer PCIe power leads (6 as opposed to Antec's 8), and likely won't get as warm. As far as quality is concerned, both are outstanding; so I'd just choose whichever is more affordable at the time of purchase (or the Antec if you need the extra power leads).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube