add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

A good CPU cooler for AMD FX-8350 clocked to 5.00ghz?

r3dskittle
  • 83 months ago

I would like to keep it at a very good tempature at 4.8-5GHz. My build is Here.... I would love for it to be liquid cooled... Go ahead and even suggest kits that i can use cause i want to be able to liquid cool my graphics card, and my ram (if possible to liquid cool ram)

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm not sure, but I would recommend keeping a fire extinguisher near by.

• 83 months ago
  • 2 points

l0l????

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

:-)

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming, streaming while gaming, making videos, and possibly use photoshop once i can afford the damn program for photography

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Swiftech H220, or a custom loop all together.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

what would you suggest for a custom loop? is it even possible to liquid cool ram? i might eventually OC my graphics card so i want the liquid cooled..... this computer will be a dual to triple monitor setup havent made up my mind yet

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not the right person to ask for custom loops, I do know you'll need waterblcoks for your GPU and alot of money because custom loops aren't cheap

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes you can put a water block on RAM, but you'll need to remove the stock heat spreader first. They are not common; you might need to get them custom-machined.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

whats not common the water blocks for ram? what compents in my build should i liquid cool? i think ive heard something about newer hard drives being able to be water cooled? i could be wrong not sure.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

I haven't heard about hard drive water cooling. I assume it's possible. I would say cooling on your CPU is the first concern, then if you can afford it, GPU. Water cooling your RAM is possible, but it seems highly unnecessary, unless you're trying to clock it upwards of 2133 MHz.

This will also necessitate a custom loop, or a custom extension of an AIO cooler.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah im going to custom water loop the gpu and cpu no need for the ram it comes with clock speed of 2133 MHz

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Whats the point of 32 gigs of ram? Do you plan to be rendering drawings in BIM/Civil 3d??? I use those program all the time and I never get near 8. And that's with 250 lot subdivisions.

If I was you id down clock the 8350 to like 4.5 or something. You wont notice a difference in FPS in games even if it was stock. Then just buy a h100i or something, unless you really want a true water kit.

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

i plan on dedicating ram to certain servers such as teamspeak minecrft servers arma 2 servers and more

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube