add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i7-4770k @ 4.8Ghz, will a H100i be sufficient

BC1096
  • 83 months ago

I am aware of the varying heat profiles for Haswell CPUs, but I was wondering if an H100i can handle such an overclock. This is short term as my friend (whom this question comes from) is going to upgrade to a...rather crazy 3 stage liquid cooling platform later on in the year. So is the H100i up to the task?

Comments

• 83 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes and no... You could briefly up it there but from some views i have seen it is not stable.

At low volts it can be stable but not as powerfull as it could at 1.325V

It can run 4.6ghz at 1.3V stable no prob but can get up high on load close to 80c. As long as your room is good temp and ambient temp is good to the radiator should be stable.

I have not messed with it but so far from what i have seen is that the higher you push this CPU the HOTTER it gets. The ivy was easier to push just because it did not get so hot compared to the haswell.

Others my have additional info.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube