add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can't Decide

xHiZoR
  • 82 months ago

I cant decide between the Noctua NH-D14, thermalright silver arrow sb-e extreme, or the h100i. i have a fractal design midi r2 case, i5-4670k cpu, and a asus maximus vi hero motherboard. no gpu at the moment. what would be the best cooler if i wanted to overclock?

another question. if i wanted to change the fans what kind of fans do i have to buy and is it hard to mount them? i want it to be black and or red to match my color scheme. any suggestions? i might add a 3rd fan for the aircoolers if space permits and a pushpull if i go watercooling

Comments

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

You're going to want to look for Fans with high static pressure, Corsair's SP series fans are good Radiator fans and they are black and red.

-Tyler

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

will they work with air cooling fans?

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes.

-Tyler

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

which of the coolers would you prefer?

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're going to for Air get the Nh-d14 if you don't mind the colors, it's the best air cooler on the market to date. But if you go with the d14, than there is no point of replacing the stock fans because they are amazing and quiet already.

-Tyler

• 82 months ago
  • 1 point

i see alright how about between the noctua and the h100i? and what is the best thermal paste out there? like a really good one?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube